2002 – Cuvée Carbon Champagne (Magnum 1.5 L)

The vintage 2002 Cuvée Carbon Champagne is a magnificent wine produced by Alexandre Mea-Devavry of the renowned Devavry family. The Devavry family has been involved in winemaking for 5 generations, making them veterans of the wine world. This Carbon Champagne has been carefully crafted over the span of 3 years.

The grapes used come from the famous Grand and Premier Cru vineyards of Champagne, France. These grapes are the same ones used in the Côte des Blancs chardonnay and Marne Valley Pinot Noir, granting this wine a strong and elegant mixture that is incredibly fresh. The composition is made up of 80% Chardonnay with the remaining 20% as Pinot Noir, respectively.

The Chardonnay grape is made up of Vines Avize, Oger and Chouilly, hailing from the land of Côte des Blancs. The purity of the drink leads to a beautiful taste on the palette. From the Vineyards of Ay, the pinot noir grape lends itself to a unique aromatic mix of red fruits.

The Devavry winery was founded in the year 1946, shortly after the end of World War 2, by Bertrand Devavry. Traditional methods of production have been passed down from generation to generation, using a wine press and avoiding malolactic fermentation, leading to a high quality wine that ages well. These wines are securely kept in a cellar where it is aged until perfection.

The name of this Cuvée was inspired by the role that carbon plays in the formation of diamonds. Lightness and strength are two such qualities which have inspired the creation of this vintage. The bottle is designed in a Haute Couture style, inspired by beautiful black dresses. Each bottle is unique and a testament to the crafter of that year, six days of hard work go into the the creation of the Cuvée.

This wine pairs very well with pork, salmon, tuna, shellfish and cheese. Alcohol by Volume is 12% and the bottle comes in a 1.5 Liter size. Ultimately this a very complex wine with great length and depth along with an intense body. With a very premium price tag for wine, the Cuvée Carbon is certainly a gem for wine collectors around the world.

-Global Vine

Be sure to check out this 2002 vintage here, limited in quantity!
2002 Cuvée Carbon Champagne Magnum by the Devavry family winery

Advertisements